Want to transform your pale complexion into sun-kissed gorgeousness? You neither have to wait for summer nor visit tanning salons all year round to make that happen. You can become a bronzed god or goddess with simply the best outdoor tanning oil.
Here is a quick preview of our top 5:
#1, All-Natural Dark Tanning Oil By Tropical Sands
#2, Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Sun Care Moisturizing Oil
#3, Bondi Sands – Liquid Gold Self-Tanning Dry Oil
#4, Sun Bum Moisturizing Tanning Oil
#5, Banana Boat Dark Tanning Oil Spray SPF 4
With countless tanning products in the market, it may take hours or days before you select one. So, we’ve made it a point to review the finest ones on your behalf. Check out the results of our search below.
The top choice for the best outdoor tanning oil comes from Tropical Sands. Apart from being super affordable, it has various features that make it worthy of every penny.
Off the bat, you can (obviously) notice the spray nozzle on the bottle. It ensures that you won’t take more than the necessary quantity, because the excess will then be unsanitary to return. The bronzing fluid may glide better on your skin as well since it’ll emerge as a mist.
Opting to spread the oil or not even further depends on you. Whichever you decide on, you still won’t get the sensation that you have grease all over. The feeling seems closer to having a thin sheet around you because it’s waterproof, but that isn’t weird either.
Besides, the all-natural ingredients entail that it doesn’t contain chemicals or preservatives that lead to allergies. Mineral oil isn’t on the list too, so you can tan indoors or outdoors.
- The product’s lack of fragrance or paraben can be perfect for sunbathing folks who have sensitive skin.
- Due to the spray, you may be able to coat your back with the tanning oil by yourself.
- The merchandise won’t immediately wash off even if you swim since it is waterproof.
- Its components won’t damage marine life, considering you are on a beach.
- It can also act as a moisturizer.
- The thick oil may not flow through and out of the spray tube easily.
If you just want to build up the pigmentation, the best outdoor tanning oil is a product of Hawaiian Tropic.
One of its distinct factors is the coconut scent, which isn’t overpowering in any sense. You may simply feel more like sunbathing on the beach (if you aren’t already are).
Some of the extracts in this merchandise originate from papaya, mango, plumeria, guava, and aloe.
The combination of these tropical plants can partly be the reason why this tanning oil is abundant in antioxidants. Whether you need vitamin E, C, or A, you can obtain it from the product.
There is a solid basis for the claim that it’s a conditioner for the skin as well. In addition to coconut oil, the tanning oil also contains eucalyptus oil and cocoa seed butter. Each of them is known as an amazing moisturizer; together, they can soothe your skin as it bronzes.
- The ingredients help deepen the tan without dehydrating the skin.
- Despite the conditioning effect, it won’t leave you greasy.
- The tropical smell doesn’t easily go away even after applying it.
- It can darken your skin in less than 2 hours, so you won’t have to put on sunscreen.
- It may cause acne breakout in case you’re allergic to fragrance.
Do you favor the best outdoor tanning oil that sets into your skin within minutes? The Bondi Sands Liquid Gold may be the one you’re seeking then.
The main ingredients of this product are erythrulose and dihydroxyacetone (DHA). When both react with the amino acids on the skin, your complexion becomes a shade or two darker at once.
Although it’s a temporary effect, you only need to wait for three hours at max to see the change.
Although the oil dries fast, it has argan and coconut oils which affect the cells differently. These components have long proven that they can keep the moisture intact for extended periods. So, aside from hydrating your skin, they may also delay the fading of your tan.
- The tanning oil comes with a spray nozzle, which eases the application process a lot.
- You can cover your body with the merchandise and not rinse it off until the next day.
- Its brownish tinge washes off, but the non-harmful chemicals will continue to bronze the skin.
- The liquid can become a part of your morning or night routine since it dries almost in an instant.
- It is neither runny nor sticky to the touch.
- The product won’t make your coloring orange-like.
- Despite the coconut scent, the smell may resemble a regular spray tan.
- The moisturizing oils may not last for over a week, so you may have to apply lotion often.
Whether you’re a vegan or someone who’s into cruelty-free products, the Sun Bum Moisturizing Tanning Oil is an outstanding option.
The overall vibe that the product gives off is that you can obtain a tan as you protect the skin. It has SPF 15 which means it can cover you nicely from UVAs and UVBs. Applying it will then reduce the chances of taking in the radiation that causes cancer and other diseases.
The oils of avocado, coconut, marula, and argan are in it, along with the aloe vera and green tea extracts. As one, these elements can combat both dryness and free radicals which may attack your healthy cells. And since the merchandise doesn’t have gluten and paraben too, it may keep the allergens at bay.
- Water or sweat cannot interrupt the tanning oil from changing your color for no longer than 80 minutes.
- The high SPF value allows this product to bounce off the skin surface without damaging the layers underneath.
- Combining different types of oil entail that your skin remains conditioned throughout the tanning period.
- None of the ingredients were derived from animals.
- Its summery scent won’t cause dizziness.
- The inclusion of SPF doesn’t allow the color to develop fast.
- It doesn’t dry down completely.
In case you wish your bronzing solution has the slightest hint of sunscreen, you may love Banana Boat’s merchandise.
It is the best outdoor tanning oil in the sense that the fluid has an SPF of 4. That may not be enough to prevent a burn, yet the low amount ascertains that the color can develop well. The skin protection stems from a mix of padimate and octinoxate – the absorber and filterer of UVs, respectively.
This product is suitable too for swimming. Most of the ingredients are oil-based; that’s why the water cannot readily break it down. It will ideally stay that way for an hour and 20 minutes, so you have ample time for water activities.
Likewise, the feel and smell of the Dark Tanning Oil Spray won’t irritate you. The oils from sunflower seed, coconut, cocoa, and corn can hydrate your skin effectively. The extracts out of aloe, carrot, and banana not just provide plenty of antioxidants but also a light, natural scent.
- The moisturizing ingredients may stop the skin from flaking heavily with the temporary tan.
- You can get a decent brown color without feeling dry.
- While it has sunscreen, you simply have to spend 15 minutes outside to see amazing results.
- It is effortless to spray the product and spread it everywhere.
- You can have a tan and still shield your skin from ultraviolet radiation.
- Because it is very oily, you may want to rinse it off outside to avoid clogging the bathroom filters.
- It consists of various paraben compounds too, so it isn’t purely natural.
- You’ll need to reapply it a few times a day.
- If you have acne-prone skin, it may be best to not use it on your face.
How do Tanning Oils work?
What the light-colored complexions have in common is that they have a minimal amount of melanin in the body. That is the brownish pigment that acts as a natural protector from us. To trigger your system to generate it, the tanning oil allows the radiation to touch the surface.
The longer you stay under the sun, the darker the color will become. It’s a rather safe method of tanning because it ideally has elements that speed up the process.
Though you may just expect the tan to stay intact for several days, its lifespan may prolong with moisturizers. The skin surface won’t shed fast, so your temporary coloring won’t budge immediately.
Advantages of Using Tanning Oil
The growing number of diseases caused by overexposure to ultraviolet rays encouraged the brands to add SPF in products. Whereas that’s helpful, it may be artificial and cannot offer the vitamins and antioxidants you need. For that reason, the best product should be able to do the following without it:
Moisturize The Skin.
Tanning, as beautiful as its sun-kissed result is, can dehydrate your cells. You’ll open yourself for the ultraviolet radiation to activate melanocytes, so you can’t expect the existing moisture to remain untouched.
Because of that, it’s great that the best outdoor tanning oil can bring its skin conditioner. Oils cannot evaporate faster than water; that’s why they won’t leave your skin once your color changes.
Enhance The Melanin Production.
The finest merchandise will allow you to have a tan at a record time. It can range from 15 minutes to two hours, depending on how much melanin you initially have. Nonetheless, the accelerating ingredients of a tanning oil ensure that your body releases a lot of this organic compound quickly.
Guard The Cells.
Noteworthy merchandise contains elements that do more than just moisturizing your skin and speeding up color development. As you let radiation penetrate the skin, there should be antioxidants in place to fend the free radicals off. In this manner, you can prevent premature aging and cancer, among others, from ruining your system.
How to Select the Best Outdoor Tanning Oil
Wondering why there are dozens of bronzing products in the market? That’s because tanning oil doesn’t work the same way for every user. Below are a few suggestions on how to locate a fine tanning solution.
Moisturize The Skin.
A very pale complexion takes the longest time to darken due to the low melanin levels. With that in mind, you may choose merchandise that develops instantly to get your desired coloring within hours.
If you already have a base tan, it’s alright to obtain a different tanning oil.
Give Importance To Your Skin Type.
Take note as well of the fact that some people become sunburnt immediately, while others don’t. If you have dry, oily, or sensitive skin, that is another thing to factor in. It’s important to identify such matters so you won’t worsen your current skin condition.
Look For Quality.
The best outdoor tanning oil must-have ingredients that won’t harm you or the environment. Remember that your skin will absorb it; once you go in the water, the product can mix in it too. You won’t encounter harsh side effects, therefore, in case you opt for one that contains products of nature.
With the guide above in mind, Tropical Sands’ All-Natural Dark Tanning Oil comes out as the best outdoor tanning oil. It has more plant-based ingredients than Hawaiian Tropic’s or Bondi Sands’. You won’t find a drop of sunscreen too, so the tan develops faster compared to Banana Boat/Sun Bum items.
Thus, for that sun-kissed complexion, get the All-Natural Dark Tanning Oil by Tropical Sands today!